Buildings are part of a larger whole and should serve their occupants and owners as well as the community. We believe in intelligent density, less commuting and more green space, smart building envelopes, more windows, greater energy efficiency and lower costs, less concrete paving, more soft surfaces, and more vegetation. We believe that it is very possible, and necessary, to design modern, interesting and elegant structures that fit the characteristics of a neighborhood and meet the needs of the owners and occupants. Through responsible development, green stewardship, good business citizenship, and professional business practices, Taurus safeguards the return on investment to its investors and clients, delivering projects on time and on budget.
- High (Innovative) Design
- Founded in 1987 by local resident Gail Montplaisir, LEED AP®, Taurus Development Group (TDG) and Taurus Renovation and Construction (TRC) are part of the Taurus Group of Companies and continue to develop and build multi-family, mixed use and single-family residential award winning projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We have actively participated in the District’s revitalization in residential and commercial development, renovation, and construction, condominium conversion, new construction; and the development and construction of restaurants and waterside communities.
- Past condominium projects include niche market, luxury buildings such as The Madeleine; The Navarre; The Lofts at Meridian Hill; Belmont Overlook; City Overlook; Lofts 11 and 1123 11 Lofts.
- In 2008 TDG moved to the Atlas District and offers Incubator Space in the H Street Greenhouse at 1341 H Street, NE.
- The companies are headquartered in Washington, DC and operate in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
- In 2009, TDG partnered with Goodwill and University of the District of Columbia to develop curriculum and conduct green collar job training courses in weatherization, energy auditing, and construction and in 2010 with United Communities Against Poverty to create and implement the first BPI curriculum training for members of the most vulnerable populations.
- TRC has deep and long term experience in development and installation of energy efficiency means and methods and green roofs and green building techniques. TDG multi-family residential projects were the leaders in providing green roofs and other green and sustainable designs even before required by building and more recent green building codes. TDG and TRC continue to integrate sustainable products, process and initiatives into all of our projects.
- As part of our business and social philosophy and as part of our drive for social equity, TDG and TRC continue to bring quality energy efficiency initiatives to a broad spectrum of low and moderate income clients.